Jennifer W. Opiola
Born in Jacksonville, FL December 28, 1983; admitted to bar, Florida 2010.
Education: University of South Florida (B.A., Magna Cum Laude 2005), Florida State University College of Law (J.D., 2010).
Member: Florida Bar Association
During her attendance at law school, Ms. Opiola was employed as a medical malpractice law clerk with Eubanks, Barret, Fasig & Brooks (Tallahassee), as a certified legal intern for Legal Services of North Florida (Tallahassee), and as a summer associate for various legal practices with Akerman Senterfitt (Orlando). Upon graduation from law school, Ms. Opiola was employed as a workers’ compensation defense associate for Eraclides, Johns, Hall Gelman (Jacksonville, FL). She expanded her practice and jury trial experience as a criminal defense associate for Epstein & Robbins (Jacksonville), and as an Assistant Public Defender for the Fourth Judicial Circuit (Jacksonville) where she served as assistant public defender and misdemeanor division chief, and where she was named employee of the year. She continued criminal defense as an assistant public defender in the Sixth Judicial Circuit (Clearwater). She acted as criminal defense counsel in 25 trials, hundreds of evidentiary hearings, numerous administrative hearings, and numerous appeals. She entered automobile insurance defense practice as a claims attorney for a major Florida insurance company (Tampa), and in July, 2017, Ms. Opiola joined Reynolds Parrino Shadwick, P.A., where she continues to handle all phases of PIP litigation defense, including appeals.
Ms. Opiola is experienced in the following areas of litigation: motor vehicle liability; coverage questions; personal injury protection; appeals; criminal defense; and traffic violation defense, including administrative hearings/appeals.
Favorable Appellate Decisions
1. Jerry Cajuste, Elite Spine Group, Inc. a/a/o Jerry Cajuste, Blue Water Pain Solutions, P.A. d/b/a Florida Pain Center a/a/o Jerry Cajuste, Beaches MRI a/a/o Jerry M. Cajuste v. Bristol West Insurance Company, 2022 WL 321219, slip copy, Case No.: 4D21-796 (Fla. 4th DCA Feb. 3., 2022).
2. Bartow HMA, Inc. d/b/a Bartow Regional Medical Center a/a/o Maria Aparicio v. Security National Insurance Company, 325 So. 3d 46 (Fla. 4th DCA 2021).
3. Imaging Center of West Palm Beach, LLC a/a/o Andrea Durand v. Security National Insurance Company, 321 So. 3d 296 (Mem) (Fla. 4th DCA 2021).
4. Gerald D. Stashak, M.D., P.A. a/a/o Besline Laguerre v. Security National Insurance Company, 321 so. 3d 296 (Mem), (Fla. 4th DCA 2021).
5. Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Inc. f/k/a Boca Raton Community Hospital, Inc. a/a/o Henk Schiffer v. Security National Insurance Company; 322 So. 3d 1174 (mem), (Fla. 4th 2021).
6. Beaches Open MRI of Boyton Beach, LLC d/b/a MRI Specialist a/a/o Gloria Whyms v. Security National Insurance Company, 322 So. 3d 1223 (mem), (Fla. 4th DCA 2021).
7. Hanes City HMA, Inc., Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center a/a/o Vanitsha Winston v. Security National Insurance Co., 322 So. 3d 1175 (Fla. 4th DCA . 2021).
8. Security National Indemnity Company v. Pan Am Diagnostic Services, Inc. d/b/a Pan Am Diagnostic of Orlando a/a/o Crystalyn Wells, 27 Fla. L.Weekly Supp. 781a, Case No.: 2017-CV-000135-A-O, (Fla. 9th Circ. Ct. App. Sept. 13, 2019), writ of cert. denied, Case No.: 5D19-3538 (Fla. 5th DCA May 15, 2020).